These natural toilet cleaning bricks should be part of everyone's arsenal. With the natural cleaning power of Grapefruit, Lemon, Wild Orange and Cedar, your toilet will be completely eliminated from any "crumbs" that may be lingering.
- 20 Drops of Pure Grapefruit Essential Oil.
- 20 Drops of Pure Lemon Essential Oil.
- 5 Drops of Pure Orange Essential Oil.
- 10 drops of pure Cedar Wood Essential Oil.
- 350ml Bicarb Soda.
- 200ml Citric Acid.
- Dried Orange Pieces for garnish.
- Silicone Moulds (ours came from Kmart)
1. Combine the dried ingredients into a bowl and stir.
2. Add the essential oils and stir through well
3. With a spray bottle, lightly mist the bowl filled with mixture until it just starts to fizz then stir through the dampened mix. Repeat 4 times.
4. Place a piece of dried orange in the bottom of each mould. Spoon mixture into the mould and push down till compacted tightly.
5. Leave for 24 hrs to set before popping out of moulds.
6. Simply drop one in the toilet and let it sit for 5 min then give a little scrub and flush.
When using the Kmart large ice moulds, you will make 24 bricks if moulds are half filled. Store in an airtight container, we have photographed with a 500ml amber glass jar which will store 10 bricks.
During more humid weather, toilet powders can sometimes solidify and be tricky to get out of containers. This is a great alternative.
We like to use different garnishes for our bricks, bath bombs and dishwasher tablets so that they are easy to identify and don't get confused.
Happy Scrubbing . X