Your mega navigation is almost complete! Add up to three sub-menus here.
These pork meatballs are tasty hot or cold. We usually add couscous with currants or quinoa to make them a meal but they are also fantastic as a tapas or antipasto dish. Ingredients:- 450g minced pork- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper- 1 lemon, zest finely grated and juice. - 4 drops of pure cinnamon oil.- 2 pinches of nutmeg- 60g finely grated pecorino cheese- 120g fresh breadcrumbs- 80g Pistachios, coarsely chopped. - 100ml Olive Oil- 1 bay leaf- 400g can of cannellini beans Method: 1. Place the pork, egg, salt, pepper and lemon zest and 2 drops of cinnamon oil in the food processor for 30 sec.
2. Add nutmeg, pecorino and breadcrumbs and process for another 30 sec.
3. Place in a mixing bowl and stir through the pistachios.
4. Form pork mixture into walnut sized balls.
5. Heat some of the olive oil in a large deep sided frying pan over medium heat.
6. Brown meatballs, adding some more oil as necessary.
7. Add lemon juice, 2 drops of cinnamon oil, 250ml water and a bay leaf and bring to the simmer.
8. Add cannellini beans, squashing some with the back of a spoon. Simmer for 15 minutes or until meatballs are cooked and juices are slightly thickened.
These are certainly comfort food and as our evenings get cooler it’s always great to pull out some family favourites.
Happy cooking everyone. x