Why Face Toner is Beneficial...
Face toners remove leftover dirt, makeup, and oil. Like a second cleanser, toner can help remove the remains of makeup and grime that you may have missed the first go-around in your skincare regimen. It hydrates skin, spritzing toner directly on skin helps replenish moisture. Use it before applying your moisturiser to help seal in the ingredients.
Toner can make skin appear smoother. Toner can also be applied with an exfoliating cotton round to remove any build-up of dead skin cells
Using a toner encourages your other skincare products to sink in. After using a pH-balancing toner, your skin will be best prepared to absorb the effective ingredients in your skincare regimen.
You will Need.
- 30ml amber glass atomiser.
- 15mls of witch hazel
- 15mls of distilled water
- 3 drops of Pure Clary Sage essential oil
- 3 drops of Pure Manuka essential oil
- 4 drops of Pure Roman Chamomile essential oil
1. Add the essential oils to your amber bottle.
2. Add 15ml of witch hazel
3. Top up with distilled water
How to Use Toner:
Toner is best applied to fresh skin once or twice daily. As always, stop using it if you notice any redness or irritation.
1. First, wash your face and gently pat your skin dry.
2. Shake your toner, and spritz it on your face, neck, and chest. Alternatively, you can pour a bit of toner on a cotton ball or in the palm of your hands and apply it that way.
3. Allow toner to sink in for about a minute before applying serum or moisturiser. Applying serum or moisturiser while your skin is still slightly damp will help to lock in moisture and keep skin supple.
4. Apply sunscreen to prevent any potential photosensitivity (sunburn) issues.
5. Reapply in the evening.
6. While toner works best on clean skin, you can apply it throughout the day by spritzing as a face mist to refresh the skin or revive your makeup. The nutrients won’t sink in as easily, but it will make your face appear fresher and less dry.